Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's been a rough week

To my readers, I'm so sorry for being away for so long.  To my haters, I'm back!!!!!  I have to admit, I had a downfall.  There were many disappointments this weeks on just about every level you can think of between family abroad and family at home.  It had me down for a few days, but through the Grace and Mercy of the Lord, I have made it through my storm.

Due to the stress of this week, I didn't lose any weight this week.  However, with the help of V3, I gained one pound, yet lost it before the week was out.  So I am still at 255lbs, and after the week I have had, I am grateful for that.  I was so proud of myself being able to complete an entire Zumba workout for the first time in months.  Those who know me are aware that I have arthritis in my knees. So I have been limited to the type of workouts I can do. 

For a while this used to get me down.  See I was the type of person that would workout regularly.  My day use to consist of walking to the bus to get to my train and walking to work and then back home.  Once I got home, I would immediate put on my Tae Bo workout and I would let Billy Blanks kick my butt all over my living room.  I would be dripping with sweat, yet loving the fact that I had a good workout.  I would do Tae Bo at least four times a week, and have just about every Tae Bo version released. 

With having trouble with my knees, it can be hard not make a move that will inflame them.  So when I decided that I was going to lose weight, I concentrated on walking.  I have to admit, the day after doing the Zumba workout, I did notice slight inflammation behind my knees, but not enough to keep me down.  Yesterday I walked almost 3 miles, which is the most I have walked in a single day so far. I'm just glad that the stress of this week didn't keep me down.

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I will be eating good.  I have been promoting my business so tough I haven't had a chance to rest.  So tomorrow, I will be doing nothing.  Going out to lunch with my Grandmother-in-law and whatever else my kids and husbands has planned for me.  Stay Blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment